Our Marina and Boat Launch
Exclusive docks, public access, beautiful area, friendly people
The Gates of the Mountains Marina is on the south end of Holter lake just 20 miles north of Helena off Interstate 15 at exit 209 (Gates of the Mountains).
The marina is owned and operated by a non-profit membership organization called Gates of the Mountains, Inc.. The by-laws of the organization allows for 150 family memberships. Only members can occupy or lease a dock in the marina but there is a public ramp open from 7:30am through 10:00pm.
The ramp cost is $5 for boats on trailers (including personal watercraft) and $3 for boats without trailers. There is an exit gate that allows for boaters to get off the property after 10pm. The mission statement for the club stresses conservation, education and pleasure boating.
The marina consists of 144 private docks ranging in size from 20’ to 30’. The 30’ slips have shore power. All the slips have wings on both sides making mooring easy and safe. There is an on-site manager that acts as a security guard so your belongings are not easily pilfered. Since we only have 150 memberships available we generally have a waiting list for new members. When a member relinquishes the membership we then ask a new person if they are still interested in joining the club. The application can be downloaded and sent to the membership chair person at PO Box 478, Helena, Mt. 59624. Please don’t send any money with the application and be prepared to wait a year or so.
|• Beautiful Docks ~ 20-30'|
• Resident Manager
• 30 AMP Shore Power Available for 30' slips
|• Ample close parking for members and their guests|
• Members only bathroom with shower
• Gas Dock with pump out pump
- We have a public boat launch available
- There is an attendant on site to collect launch fee
- Fee is $5/day or $3/day for boats without a trailer
- You are not permitted to tie up overnight or stay on the property.
- Overnight parking is available
- We maintain the same $5/day fee
- Please park correctly and do not take up more parking than needed
- Make sure to get an overnight parking permit